Sunday, February 27, 2011

Super Sunday: I've missed a lot.

So blogging has taken a huge backseat recently. I am sorry to anyone who checks in regularly. I don't have but 8 followers so I don't think too many people have missed me. I am going to try to be more dilligent and make this a better blog.

Carly is doing pretty well. She has gone through an adjustment period and has acted out a bit. Today she is not feeling 100% and is running a fever. She has two friends here who she call best friends, Ansley and Drew. However, if you ask her who her best friend is she will still usually say Sarah Bradley and say she misses her. She has moments when she gets so upset that she bursts out in tears and starts saying she misses MeMe, PawPaw, Nana, Pop, Sarah Bradley, Uncle Daniel... It hurts my heart but she likes it here too.




Alyssa is a much happier baby now. As I write this she is rolling around beside me and "talking" to me. She loves to grab her toes and smiles all the time. she is starting to giggle more. She is a super chunk and I love it!





Zach and I are doing good. It is taking a bit of an adjustment to get used to things here. It's also hard to get used to having him at work all the time after having him home all the time for 6 months. We are having fun getting to know new people and new ways of life. We have a lot to learn about Texas. One of the first things we learned was about driving the Texas way. I still mess up all the time and don't realize that someone wants to pass me but I will learn.
God is blessing us and our decision to follow Him. This has been a huge move and I am still very homesick but I think we have found a place where people truly LOVE GOD! That makes it worth it all!

2 comments:

  1. Um, how do you know when someone wants to pass you?
    We miss you, too. SB draws Carly pictures every day. And she wants her to come visit soon.

    Where is that teleporter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Texas when someone is going faster than you on a 2 lane road, you are supposed to get over on the paved side of the road and let them pass you. Where we have a 4 lane road with hardly any shoulder in SC they have a 2 lane road with a lot of shoulder. You get over in the shoulder part and they pass you without having to go into the other lane. Hope that makes sense. Because I never had to worry about that in SC I don't watch my rearview mirrow as much. I am learning.

    ReplyDelete