Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First Two Recipes

Baby Greens with Gorgonzola and Almonds__________________________________pg.28

One of the best salads I've had. The cheese has a nice bite to it. The almonds add a crunch that you would usually get from croutons. There is just enough dressing for the amount of greens. I ate two portions of the salad for lunch and it was filling for me. I am sure you could add a few ounces of grilled chicken to add some more protein without adding a lot of extra points. I give this a 5 out of 5 Bravo Stickers.


Parsnip Soupt with Smoked Paprika_______________________________________pg. 23

This soup has a very earthy taste. I would say it's not great and it's not horrible. This soup would probably be better received in the fall. If you are expecting a creamy soup you will be sorely dissapointed b/c it's of course missing the cream. The soup is only 2 points for a cup so it's a good swap. I found 2 cloves of ginger to be a bit strong in this soup. I think the next time I make the soup I will decrease the amount of chicken broth and garlic cloves. I give this 1 out of 5 Bravo Stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment