Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birth Control Issues

So I am stealing this topic from another blogger and fellow PAI member... www.wingerteam.blogspot.com. The funny thing is, she actually reposted from someoneelse's blog. I guess this topic just speaks to a lot of women. i am not going to repost her blog. I am just going to focus on my feelings and see what you think.

I have often had a hard time deciding wether, as a Christian, birth control was a necessary thing. I know that statement in itself has several of you yelling and telling me that "YES IT IS". You don't want more children now or maybe ever and you also don't want to have surgery. Well here is my question; if God is in control of everything and won't give me more than I can handle, do I need birth control. I am sure many of you have friends who have gotten pregnant while on birth control. I know a lot of people who have. Now I am a nurse so I know the medical reasons for it but I am not sure I can convince myself that I need it. If I leave it in God's hands, can't I trust that He will not give me more than I can handle?

I have always struggled with that issue and other issues like it. If I put my life in God's hands is that not enough? Will He not give me the family He wants me to have? Both my children are miracles! I was told I'd never have them without IVF. I've never had IVF and I have had 3 pregnancies.

Who are we to "control" what God wants for us? I don't know. I think we all have to figure out what God wants us to do and if He tells us to take meds...take meds, if He tells us not to...don't!

2 comments:

  1. I can see both sides of this issue. I don't think there is a blanket answer that is right for every family. It all depends on God's leading and direction for one's own family. I do trust God is in control, and if you are feeling that God is leading you not to use birth control, then you absolutely shouldn't. At the same time, I don't condemn anyone who chooses to use it.

    For an average person, normal bedroom activity has the possibility of resulting in a pregnancy. If another child is something one is really against, then they probably should use birth control. Leaving it up to a "God is in control" if that isn't how you are feeling led by God isn't how I would choose... If I'm walking down the middle of a busy road, and say "God is in control, if he doesn't want me to get hit, then I won't" doesn't make a whole lot of sense when He's given me ways to try to avoid getting hit (not that I'm saying a child is like getting hit by a car).

    So that's my take on it. With that said. We haven't used birth control in over 7 years. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I agree, everyone has to decide what God wants them to do!

    ReplyDelete